Hello, my name is Emily and my husband and I created CoupleJones.com. We love A Little Artsy so much and we are so thankful for the opportunity to share a little of our heart today with you. We are a small blog...we are just one little family. We're not the smartest or most original people around. I'm probably not going to accomplish great, renowned things that make me famous in this life.
I used to think I was too insignificant to really help anyone. There was a time when I felt like I was unsuited for any kind of ministry at all. But last summer, as I was in my car on an average day, a phrase popped into my head and it's never left. "Let's do something good" repeats in my head a lot. In the last year, I have felt that phrase pressing on my heart more and more. I felt like the Lord was showing me that if I step forward, even in small steps, with the faith that He will walk along with me then I can make the world around me better.
Since then, I've started realizing that simple, little acts of love can start ripples and affect people in ways that I would have never thought. There are so many small ways that we can love and encourage the people around us without tons of time or money, a huge gesture or a grand effort on our part. We don't need to be famous or powerful to leave behind a legacy of encouragement. Smiling, saying hello, writing happy notes - all these things are actions I can take even on the roughest, craziest day with the girls. And somehow, any little effort I make always ends up refreshing my spirit as well.
Andi So this is our little attempt at doing something good in this space. Today we have added this print to our shop. It is an 8x10 pdf download of an original illustration that Zac created. We are asking just $8 for the download and 100% will go to Compassion International to help them in their mission to rescue children and their families from poverty. We are hoping that you will join with us and give just a little so that, together, we can share the blessings that we've been given with those who are needing our care in this world. We can so easily reach out and uplift and encourage these children who are struggling.
Have you heard of Compassion International? It's a pretty amazing organization. Compassion works to free children and their families from the devastating effects of poverty. Some quick facts from Compassion's website:
- About 5.6 million deaths of children worldwide are related to under-nutrition. This accounts for 53 percent of the total deaths for children under 5.
- More than 140 million or 25 percent of all children in developing countries are underweight and at risk from the long-term effects of malnourishment.
- Nearly 15 percent of babies in developing countries are born with a low birth weight compared with only 7 percent of babies in industrialized countries.
- More than 6 million children die from malnutrition each year.
- Worldwide, 161 million preschool children suffer from chronic malnutrition.
- Already 923 million people worldwide are undernourished, and there are more than 9 million deaths related to hunger each year.
For more information on Compassion and their mission, please visit their website.
All photos taken by Andi Mae Photography