Thursday, May 2, 2013

paul.

why hello. my name is Dawnelle. i am considered many things, mother and wife are at the top of the list. but you must not forget lover of sharpies, chief nose wiper, avid obsessor of texture and fabric, bohemian lover, interior designer, laundress, and the best book reader ever. i write over on Just Dawnelle about my sweet family and my life... what i think, feel, love, believe, do and obsess over. 

Every time I see this painting I think of the friendship between those two sisters. Do you think they're close? I do... I daydream they are the bestest of friends... doing everything together, daydreaming, playing dolls, helping with housework, caring for their siblings, exploring the outdoors, picking flowers. I just know they will be close the rest of their lives... at least I hope so.


Inspired by this fantastic, loving, painting, I wanted to create a space that would be wonderful for a pair of sisters... not too feminine and trying to avoid your typical girl colors, I focused on the greens and yellows found in the painting. By incorporating the floral illustrated print and floral vintage kantha quilt a girlish quality was brought into the space. The mix of textures found in the iron crib, rattan Queen Peacock chair, and punched aluminum pendant help to keep an ethnic and bohemian style while the graphic wall paper helps bring in a modern feel as well as an additional sense of femininity. Add in an white wrought iron bed for the additional sister and you have a darling space perfect for sisters to build a lasting friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment