Saturday, February 2, 2013

decorate.

Hi! My name is Emily. My husband, Zac, and I started CoupleJones.com. We are so excited to visit A Little Artsy today! We have been married for almost 10 years and have 3 crazy little girls. We both love design and art - he is a designer and I am a stay at home mom who loves photography, sewing, and random crafts that I get a bee in my bonnet about trying.
My husband and I love to garage sale. One day we fell in love with a door at a random barn sale that we happened upon. We didn't know what we were going to do with it...
PS For the last 2 years of living in our home, it has irked me that our stairway was boring, stark white. HOWEVER, the ceiling is SUPER high and I'm just not all the excited about hopping up on a ladder over stairs to paint said stairway and I'm equally unexcited about paying someone to hop up on a ladder and paint it for me.
SO... with the irking of the stairway going on and this lovely door that we found, a brainstorm happened.
It was one of those times when everything works out - the kids took a long nap, we were able to find the tools we needed, we didn't argue about which side of the door was more attractive, you know, the BIG stuff ;) ...my husband and I were on the same page and stoked about our weird little idea. And at the end of the day we had a door on our wall...now, I'm fully aware that MOST people will not love having a sideways door on their wall. You probably don't think a sideways door is awesome like we do...that's totally fine... this is just an example of how we had an idea and went with it and love it. So find a color that you love or a painting or a piece of art and ROCK it! No one should only decorate their home based on what everyone else is doing ;)
CoupleJones Door
Letters and tin from Hobby Lobby, lyric painting inspired by A Beautiful Mess (have you seen THIS post from Elsie? I LOVE it!) , Bunny Slippers painting by my Mother in Law :)
CoupleJones door

No comments:

Post a Comment